Duties and responsibilities :
- Reports to the Nominated Qatar Gas Maintenance Supervisor.
- Capable of doing basic Weld preparations work both in the field and in Workshop.
- Provides accurate records and closeout reports of all completed work as per Company requirements, as requested and guided by Supervisor.
- Capable for welding Base Material – P21 to P26
- Capable for Welding Process – GTAW + ( SMAW / GMAW)
- Capable for weld Position – 6G
Capable for welding in Thickness Limit – 1.5mm to 55mm
Pipe Qualification minimum required 0.75 inches.
All qualification shall meets ASME Sec 9 with RT & bend test satisfactory, if bend test not done
then that welder shall need to do mock ups in QG premises.
Welder Continuity shall be produced with butt joints backups.
Capable to read and understand WPS, Inspection repair and Mechanical drawings
.Capable to understand the cross-sectional drawings, procedures & other related documents
related to the Welding
Quality Control Measures for all Maintenance-related activities using checklist.
Reports all Near Misses, Incidents and Accidents during operation.
To work together in team to accomplish tasks.
Experience, Knowledge and skills :
Educational Qualifications: Minimum Higher Secondary School Education with a technical r certificate
from a recognized institution
Relevant Work Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience on welding, of which at least 5 years under
Maintenance role in diversified Oil & Gas Industry / petrochemical/process plant or a major Power Utility.
Computer Skills: NA
English Language Skills: written and oral communication skills in English.
Job Specific Requirements:
Must understand and be able to carry out measurements, rotating equipment alignment (dial &
Ensure compliance at all times with the QatargasEnvironmental Healthand Safety Procedures, as
well as occupational health and safety regulations: similarly compliance with security.
Works with the complexities of a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.