Primary purpose of the job :
Heavy duty mechanic should have deep hands on experience on the field of Maintenance activities of
heavy equipment’s like, Heavy cranes, Forklifts, Man lifts, Truck and trailers, Air compressors,
Firefighting Equipment, Pumps and Diesel generators .He must be familiar with the Oil &
Gas operational environment.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Responsible for the garage mobile equipment/ static equipment PMs/ breakdowns implementations, inspections and quality tests in garage and at SITE locations.
- Test mechanically various vehicles/ equipment after repairs or assembly or PMs Jobs to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications.
- Repair and replace damaged parts.
- Carry out overhauling of Hydraulic systems such as different type of hydraulic pumps, control valves, relief valves, Hydraulic motors, Hydraulic cylinders, etc…
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment in order to identify defects.
- Analyses faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance works on vehicles/ equipment as per approved schedules and priorities.
- Provide technical services reports for vehicles/ equipment, and keep equipment services records maintained and updated with full complete details and signatures.
- Read and understand operating manuals, technical drawings as well as risks associated with the each task.
- Performs regular maintenance checks on garage mobile equipment’s and maintains a log of such inspections. Guides Mechanics/Helpers in performing the assigned tasks.
- Undertakes the planned job of repair / maintenance as per Supervisors instructions, performs duties with good Garage working practices and techniques and in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations, and adheres to COMPANY’s safety requirements.
- Ensure a safe WORK environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Involve and execute repairs and overhaul jobs of the various equipment including heavy lifting vehicles/ portable equipment, pumps, air compressor, transmissions, controls and accessories, etc.
- Apply technical experience in the role of the field mechanic to make the repairs necessary in the field and perform preventive maintenance practices necessary to increase service life of the equipment.
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
Experience, Knowledge and skills :
Relevant Work Experience :
- Technical background, preferably in Mechanical Engineering & Automobile Engineering
- Minimum of 6 Years’ experience in service/repair in hydraulics, pneumatics, petrol/ diesel engines, mounted on mobile cranes/Forklifts/Trucks deployed in Oil and Gas Industry.
- Should have an extensive knowledge/ hand experience of hydraulic systems on mobile equipment’s, Cranes, Forklifts, and Truck Mounted Cranes.
- Must have experience in maintenance activities of Hydraulic pumps, Control valves, Pressure relief valves, PCVs, Hydraulic pilot systems, Hydraulic cylinders, Winch motors, etc..
- Must have experience in maintenance activities of hydraulic hoses.
- Familiar with maintenance and operation of firefighting Equipment/Vehicle.
- Have a very good experience in heavy equipment workshop activities.
- Must have knowledge of Oil & Gas plant working environment.
- Should have driving license such as light duty vehicles, Heavy vehicles, Crane, forklift etc…
- Must carry Industrial training institute certificate in the field of mechanical/ Automobile.