Primary purpose of the job :
Lead a team of Instrument Technicians in carrying out corrective & routine maintenance, periodical verification & Calibration, installation, commissioning & testing and troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic, electronics and digital field instrumentation in Qatar Gas facilities in accordance with established schedules & procedures. Field devices include wide range of pneumatic and electronic instruments such as SMART transmitters for flow, pressure, level & temperature measurement, control valves with pneumatic & smart valve positioners, emergency shutdown, blow down and motor operated valves, radar / ultrasonic type level transmitters, mass flow meters, all types of TC / RTD, flame scanners, vibration probes, converters, etc. and instrumentation associated with gas turbine and compressor anti-surge control.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Reports to the Nominated Qatar gas Maintenance Supervisor.
- As directed, leads or carries out maintenance of field instrumentation such as field measuring & indicating devices transmitters, control valves, emergency shutdown valves, motor operated valves, flame sensors and vibration probes loading arm instruments, gas & steam turbine, compressor and burner management instrumentations system to retain them in functional and good operating order for reliable performance with minimum or no supervision.
- Ensures compliance with PPM requirements and prepares records of validation/calibration data and details of maintenance activities carried out.
- Guide instrument technicians for effective execution of jobs in time and achieving appropriate standard of work.
- Communicates with supervisor, maintenance technicians, and operations and provides feedback on job progress.
- Evaluates and reports on maintenance needs and priorities in his area of responsibility.
- Reviews work notifications, manages work orders and provides details of maintenance activities.
- Leads diagnosis and repair of faults & breakdowns and reports operational and functional problems to supervisor and carries out remedial action under supervisor’s direction.
- Participates in acceptance tests of new and upgrade systems, identifies deficiencies and provides punch list.
- Compiles and submits reports on incidents and failure investigations as and when required.
- Conduct toolbox meeting with other technicians and insist on strict adherence to Qatar gas safety rules.
- Ensures safety of personnel and equipment through compliance with company’s Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures and standards. Experience, Knowledge and skills :
- Educational Qualifications: Minimum Higher Secondary School Education plus a three to five year technical diploma or certificate in Instrumentation or Electronics from a recognized institution.
- Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of 10 years of maintenance experience with at least 8 years on field instrumentation in diversified oil & gas processing, LNG or petrochemical plants.
- Computer Skills: Computer literate with knowledge of SAP and commonly used Microsoft business software packages would be advantageous.
- English Language Skills: Good written and oral communication skills in English. Job Specific Requirements:
- Well versed in techniques and devices used for measurement of different process variables such as flow, temperature, pressure, density and level.
- Good knowledge and troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic, electronic and digital instrumentation systems.
- Good knowledge in vibration measurement, burner management, gas turbine control & compressor anti-surge control instrumentation.
- Should be able to understand Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, Loop Drawings and Cause & Effect, Function Block & Ladder Logic Diagrams.
- Installation, calibration, testing and commissioning of instrumentation in a diversified oil & gas processing, LNG or petrochemical plant.
- Good knowledge of gas turbine Speed tronic Mark V& VI control, Bentley Nevada Vibration, compressor anti-surge control (CCC). Triconex & standalone PLC, Distributed Control and Emergency Shutdown Systems would be advantageous.
- Familiar with a permit to work system and LOTO and temporary defeat system procedures.
- Should be conversant with the terms and specifications of hazardous locations, protection concepts as well as inspections, maintenance and repairs of such equipment.
- Good adaptability to multinational environment with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.
- A strong focus on safety is paramount and practical know-how of permit to work systems and lock out procedures applicable to LNG / Petrochemical plants is required.
- Familiar with and experienced in working with H2S rich process.