Primary purpose of the job :
Lead a team of Overhead Crane Technicians in carrying out daily rigging activities associated with the LNG Process Train, Offsite Facilities, Utilities and Off-Plot Facilities and during Shutdowns.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Lead Pre-Lift meetings to ensure rigging team members are aware of the job details and the hazards with minimum or no supervision.
- Lifting hazards identification & creation of JSA
- Issue lifting study as required & develop Lifting Plan.
- Provide feedback about the effectiveness of the implemented corrective and preventive measures. Prompt reporting of deficiencies in risk control measures, including those arising from changes in working conditions, staffing levels and change in equipment condition.
- Support the Rigging Supervisor in his day to day activities.
- Support the riggers and ensure jobs are carried out in a safe, efficient and timely manner.
- Reports all Near Misses, Incidents and Accidents during operation.
- Ensure compliance at all times with the Qatar gas Environmental Health and Safety Procedures, as well as occupational health and safety regulations as well as compliance with Qatar gas security procedures and requirement. Experience, Knowledge and skills :
- Educational Qualifications: Minimum Higher Secondary School Education
Relevant Work Experience: A minimum of 8 years work experience of sling loads and minimum of 5 years at Oil & Gas Plant or LNG Plant or Petrochemical plant environment. Trade Certificate / Specialized Trainings:
- Hold a valid certificate of competence, issued by an internationally recognized body as a rigger.
- English Language Skills: Basic written and oral communication skills in English.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Ability to direct all Rigger Class A – B.
- Conversant with API RP 2D ( applicable to offshore and as a guide for onshore activities), ASME B30.9 Slings, BS 7121 Part 2&3 Standard Knowledge
- Identifying lifting gears required for particular lifting.
- Determine the defective lifting gears by proper inspection.
- Follow color codes and understand International / standard lifting signal
- Read and understand mobile crane load chart.
- Experienced in the removal and installation of Crane fly jib, Pencil and wire rope.
- Operate Hydraulic skid equipment and Hydraulic Bundle Puller.
- Good interpersonal skills.