Primary purpose of the job :
Supervise a team of Mechanical Technicians in carrying out corrective & routine maintenance, periodical verification, installation, commissioning & testing and troubleshooting of Static and Rotating equipment in Qatar gas facilities in accordance with established schedules & procedures to ensure they are operating safely and meets Company standards.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Reports to the nominated Qatar gas Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ensure compliance at all times with Qatar gas Permit to work procedure, safety procedure,
- Environmental Health, Safety and security procedures, as well as occupational health and safety regulations.
- Conducts toolbox talk for maintenance crew and ensure safety measures are in place as stipulated in Job Safety Assessment prior to starting the job.
- Observe safety hazards, unsafe condition and near miss and report as per reporting procedure.
- Directs and provide close onsite supervision of all Mechanical maintenance jobs performed by the technicians in the assigned area within Qatar gas facilities.
- Manages the operation of Tool Store ensuring that consumables are regularly reordered and refurbished and damaged tools are replaced promptly.
- Participates in the troubleshooting and repair of equipment of critical nature during breakdowns, compiles the field data’s for further analysis and investigation.
- Identify common failures and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Provides accurate maintenance history and closeout reports; maintains a log of all completed /ongoing work as per company requirements. Ensure systematic update of SAP/CMMS systems.
- Supports other disciplines in the troubleshooting and fault finding of equipment.
- Direct Mechanical maintenance related works, provide routine onsite supervision, checks work progress of subordinates and provide guidance / direction to technician in solving complex problem.
- Review work notifications, plans execution, manages work orders and ensures PPM compliance and records are updated in SAP, filed & signed as appropriate.
- Co-ordinates remedial actions for faults encountered. This includes participating in diagnosis and repair of faults and breakdowns.
- Participates in the review of Preventive Maintenance program and recommends necessary changes based on maintenance history.
- Prepares records of validation data and details of maintenance activities updates system as required.
- Compiles and submits reports on incidents and failure investigations as and when required.
- Ensure all tools and test equipment is available for fieldwork team to execute the daily activities.
- Evaluates and reports on maintenance needs and priorities in his area of responsibility.
- Participate in Bad Actor and Root Cause Failure Analysis and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to understand technical & maintenance problems and develop a structured work pack, plan and execution
- Ensures safety of personnel and equipment through compliance with Company’s Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures and standards.
- Participates in on-the-job training of assigned Qatari developees, monitors their progress and makes recommendations on how to support their learning and progression.
Experience, Knowledge and skills :
Educational Qualifications: Minimum Higher Secondary School Education plus a three-year technical diploma (HNC, HND or equivalent) in Mechanical from a recognized institution.
Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of 10 years of maintenance experience with at least 5 years supervisory level on field equipment in diversified oil & gas processing or petrochemical plants.
Computer Skills: Computer literate with knowledge of SAP and commonly used Microsoft business software packages required.
English Language Skills: Good written and oral communication skills in English.
Certification: Certificate from a specialist Bolting Company as a Torque machine operator.
Job Specific Requirements :
- Good knowledge and troubleshooting of Mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic systems.
- Experience and knowledge in the troubleshooting, maintenance, overhaul, temporary repairs and commissioning stationary equipment such as Vessels, Columns, Heat Exchangers, Steam Traps, Piping Systems, Process Valves, Conveyor Belt System, Filters, etc.
- Good knowledge in Rotating equipment such as turbo-machinery maintenance and troubleshooting on gas and steam turbines, compressors (centrifugal and reciprocating), pumps, mechanical seals, gear box, fans and blowers and other machinery related equipment /devices such as gearbox, etc.
- Able to carry out measurements, rotating equipment alignment (dial & laser). Sufficient experience & knowledge in vibration measurement, gas turbine & compressor anti-surge systems.
- Should be able to understand Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, Data Sheets, Process Flow Diagrams, Loop Drawings and Cause & Effect, Function Block & Ladder Logic Diagrams.
- Familiar with a permit to work system and LOTO and temporary defeat system procedures.
- Good adaptability to multinational environment with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.
- A strong focus on safety is paramount and practical knowledge of permit to work systems and lock out procedures applicable to LNG / Petrochemical plants is required.
- Familiar with and experienced in working with H2S rich process.