Primary purpose of the job :
Carry out, as directed, daily Mechanical Maintenance activities associated with the LNG Process Train, Offsite Facilities, Utilities and Off-Plot Facilities, including preventive, predictive and breakdown maintenance. The nominated Maintenance Supervisor will assign the work.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Reports to the Nominated Qatar Gas Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs maintenance activities on static equipment such as columns, vessels, storage tanks, heat exchangers and gas drier bed Boilers, incinerators and its refractories, etc.
- Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance tasks on static equipment.
- Ensures that materials and spare parts are available and are in good condition before starting maintenance activity.
- Performs flange bolting and torqueing as per procedure.
- Monitors & maintains the health of Mechanical Equipment associated within his assigned area of the plant.
- Understands the piping system specification & isometric drawing.
- Understands and performs lock out and tag out process, blinding and de-blinding activities.
- Understands different types of pressure vessels, pipeline pig receiver and their components
- Understand performs tasks on different types of Heat Exchangers and their components
- Basic understanding of steam trap, Refractory works, NDT process.
- Participates in Regular Toolbox meeting with colleagues.
- Ensure compliance at all times with the Qatar Gas Environmental Health and Safety Procedures, as well as occupational health and safety regulations
- Reports all Near Misses, Incidents and Accidents during operation
- To work together in team to accomplish tasks
Experience, Knowledge and skills :
Educational Qualifications: Minimum Higher Secondary School Education with a technical diploma or certificate from a recognized institution / Mechanical based apprenticeship training / ITI, which should be a three to five year vocational credential (HNC, HND or equivalent).
Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience on Static equipment of which at least 3 years under Maintenance role in diversified Oil & Gas Industry / petrochemical process plant or a major Power Utility.
Job Specific Requirements: Experience and knowledge in the troubleshooting, maintenance, overhaul and commissioning of Vessels, Columns, Heat Exchangers, Steam Traps, Piping Systems, Process Valves, Conveyor Belt System, temporary repair.
Certification: Certificate from a specialist Bolting Company as a Torque machine operator.
Computer Skills: Computer literate with Microsoft Office software
English Language Skills: Good written and oral communication skills in English.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Knowledge and maintenance experience in Mechanical isolation of piping and process equipment.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of schematic, logic, P & I drawings.
- Basic knowledge of valve maintenance.
- Knowledge and experience in troubleshooting, repair and overhauling of LNG Loading arms.
- Knowledge and maintenance experience of Sulphur granulation plants, Pig receivers
- Knowledge and maintenance experience of Water treatment systems and de-salinators.
- Knowledge of torqueing tools, rigging gears.
- Good adaptability to multinational environment, with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.
- A strong focus on safety is paramount and practical knowledge of permit to work systems and lock out procedures applicable to LNG / Petrochemical plants is required.
- Familiar with and experienced in working with H2S rich processes, water handling equipment, desalination plant, waste systems and general utility services
- Should be conversant with the terms and specifications of Hazardous locations as well as statutory inspections, maintenance and repairs of such equipment.