Primary purpose of the job :
To perform daily monitoring, corrective & routine maintenance, periodical verification & calibration and troubleshooting of Metering and Tank Gauging Devices and associated data acquisition equipment in Qatar gas facilities in accordance with established schedules & procedures. Field equipment includes Gas & Liquid Metering, Differential Pressure based, Ultrasonic, Turbine, Coriolis and Vortex flow measurement and conventional, servo & radar based Tank Gauging devices.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Reports to the Nominated Qatar gas Maintenance Supervisor.
- As directed, carries out routine maintenance, verification & calibration of individual components of gas & liquid metering and tank gauging devices including troubleshooting of failures to retain them in functional and good operating order for reliable performance.
- Ensures compliance with PPM requirements and prepares records of validation / calibration data and details of maintenance activities carried out on metering and tank gauging devices.
- Highlight & report any anomalies and diagnose & repair of faults & breakdowns.
- Submits reports on incidents and failure investigations as and when required.
- Participates in acceptance tests of new and upgrade systems, identifies deficiencies and provides punch list.
- Ensures safety of personnel and equipment through compliance with company’s Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures and standards.
Experience, Knowledge and skills :
- Educational Qualifications: Minimum Higher Secondary School Education with a technical diploma or certificate from a recognized institution.
- Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years of instrument maintenance experience in fiscal /allocation metering and tank gauging systems in diversified oil & gas, LNG or petrochemical facilities.
- Computer Skills: Computer literate with knowledge of commonly used Microsoft business software packages would be advantageous.
- English Language Skills: Good written and oral communication skills in English. Job Specific Requirements:
- Well versed in techniques and devices used for measurement of different process variables such as flow, temperature, pressure, density and level.
- Specific knowledge of DP based (senior orifice, venturi, annubar, v-cone), Ultrasonic, Turbine, Coriolis and Vortex flow and conventional, servo & radar based level measurement technique is essential.
- Good knowledge on calibration of various types of transmitters such as flow, temperature, pressure & level and usage of test equipment.
- Experience with Omni, Imtech & Daniel flow computers and associated devices and Enraf Tank Gauging is preferred.
- Should be able to understand Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, Process Flow Diagrams, Loop Drawings and Cause & Effect, simple function block & logic diagrams.
- Familiar with a permit to work system and LOTO procedures.
- Installation, calibration, testing and commissioning of instrumentation in a diversified oil & gas processing, LNG or petrochemical plant.
- Good adaptability to multinational environment with wide exposure to various cultures and customs.
- A strong focus on safety is paramount and practical know-how of permit to work systems and lock out procedures applicable to oil & gas, LNG / Petrochemical plants is required.
- Familiar with and experienced in working with H2S rich process.