Primary purpose of the job :
The Primary purpose of the job is to sets up, adjust and operate welding equipment and weld components in flat, vertical and overhead positions.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- To carry out daily Welding activities for piping, pipe support and structural steel at shop and field.
- Ensures that equipment is retained in a functional, good operating order at all times.
- Operate Spot welding machine and well-versed with all Welding methods such as Electric Arc, TIG, Oxyacetylene-Torch, Brazing, etc.
- Carry out the piping repair, pipe support and work with pipe rigger and pipe welder for all piping system.
- Fabricate pipe spool, pipe support, spacer and blank of the pipe work.
- Selects and inserts electrode or gas nozzle into holder and connects hoses and cables to obtain gas or specified amperage, voltage, or polarity.
- Selects and installs torch, torch tip, filler rod, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal.
- Operation & Maintenance of plasma cutting machine.
- To work together in team to accomplish tasks.
- Maintain tools in good conditions.
- Understanding of the Standards Relating to tools / equipment.
- Capable to weld SS, Inconel, Monel, haste alloy, Duplex SS, Cu-Ni, CS etc. piping (G6) to achieve successful RT result.
- Capable to carry out Aluminum Welding.
- Capable to weld GTAW, SMAW, GMAW, spot weld & Brazing.
- Capable of reading WPS and understand the Integrity recommendation as per IAN
Knowledge skills and expertise :
Educational Qualifications: Diploma / ITI / equal qualification in welding. Certificate of competence, issued by a recognized body.
Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years work experience in an Oil & Gas Industry or in a Petrochemical environment or related industry, including 3 years working as a Welder.
English Language Skills: Basic written and oral communication skills in English.
Trade Certificate / Specialized Trainings:
- Certified 6G in CS & SS, Inconel, Monel, Duplex SS, Haste alloy etc.
- Qualified to ASME IX in all positions to weld P1 and P8 materials using both SMAW and GTAW processes
- Qualified to weld structural steel to AWS D1.1
- Hold valid welding certificate of ASME IX position 6G, from NPS 0.5 inch and above, for Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel piping and Structural steel as per Company Piping services class index. The Welder’s certificate will be reviewed and approved by the Company Integrity inspection Department.
- Qualified to ASME IX in all positions to weld P1 to P45 materials using both SMAW and GTAW processes.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Experience in structural and pipe welding techniques for various materials, Arc and Gas welding techniques.
- Ability to read and independently work from plans, sketches and blueprints, isometric and P&ID drawings.
- Familiar with Welding Procedure Specifications.
- Experience in structural and pipe welding techniques for various materials
- Experienced in Arc and Gas welding techniques
- Ability to read and independently work from plans, sketches and blueprints
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent adaptability to a multicultural environment with a wide exposure to various cultures and customs.